SOHO SPWG Minutes - June 1996
B. Fleck, C. Korendyke, J.P. Delaboudiniere, A. Poland, J.C. Vial,
B. Thompson, D. Hassler, P. Lemaire, A. Gabriel, R. Snell, R. Kavanagh,
H. Benefield, A. Fludra, J. Saba, L. Allen, P. Martens, E. Larduinat,
1. Review of Last Month's Action Items
- 5.1 -- This action is still open.
- MDI provided pointing information to Helmut. Sumer has difficulty
supplying this information because they are drifting internally.
It is important to note that the FPSS is no longer our standard
reference -- MDI is. However, since the S/C may bend, we need
to get the best pointing info from all instruments.
- 5.2 -- Action is still open.
- 5.3 -- Still open.
- Have a science operations leader next week.
- New Action Item
- New action item on Berhard Fleck and Art Poland to get a list of
2. Boundary conditions for the coming month
Nothing special; 2 months continuous end 22 July
3. Priorities for the Coming Month
See monthly calendar on Web.
- Stay as planned.
- Continuing dynamics, at times may be measuring line depth and
continuum velocity. Every 96 minutes have a full disk magnetogram.
Will be participating in "International Global Solar Week"
In the last week in July, MDI will be doing calibrations.
- JOP22, Sumer will cycle every 4 hrs, MDI was a bit disappointed
they couldn't participate in this JOP next month, Cooperations
with the VLA (filament program) added to monthly schedule, CDS,
SUMER, and EIT will participate.
- Supporting network study. GIS is now recalibrated so planning more
GIS spectra atlas work on coronal holes. Will also do diagnostic
studies on active regions as they appear. Diffuse corona JOP27
on July 8.
- Will do alternating observations of plumes and streamers.
For plumes plan to make observations at 2 heights to find profiles
of oxygen lines. Also to find if there are differences in velocities
between plume and inter-plume levels of streamers - step in small
steps in height to find transition between streamer and corona.
Will be able to participate in JOP27
Would like to have cooperation w/LASCO the first 2 weeks in July.
- Hope to have a new software load on July 16.
- Running synoptic til July 16, then a reduced rate to test new
- Still taking data
4. General discussion
General discussion regarding the need to plan "Global Full Sun"
observations (JOP 44), then put together a set of papers from each
instrument on this subject. Need to have instruments devote a certain
fraction of their time to this since not all synoptic observations will
cover this. Sarah Gibson volunteered by J. Kohl to coordinate
When we have a clear idea of when the orbit correction will occur in
September -- should plan another JOP002. Something to bear in mind.
5. JOPs Status
See web pages.
6. New JOPs
John Doyle preparing one for streamers and one fo QS.
Chromospheric oscillations - 6hrs SUMER/CDS (Doyle).