[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Friday, March 16, 2001
1. Review of action items
2. Boundary conditions
* No maneuvers planned in April and continuous contact all month.
There will be gaps in the continuous due to non-overlapping stations.
First two months Full Disk in best focus. If DSN coverage continues to be
good, first 2 weeks of May will be in high resolution (hr_v1_m2). Second
half of May: Full disk and high res doppler (only), no high cadence
MDI's flatfield results from the offpoint have been useful, and MDI would
participate in repeat performances.
[NOTE - changed after meeting:]
The maneuver that was scheduled for May 31 will likely be postponed.
Suggested date is June 28.
* NOTE: POLAR maneuver with hot DSN backup scheduled for week 13
(March 26-April 1). Impacts to DSN support for SOHO TBD.
* HESSI launch/planning update
No earlier than May 15.
Submode 5 until March 26
Submode 6 until May 14
Submode 5 until May 31 (TBC)
3. JOPs status
JOP139 A study of helium abundance from coordinated Sac Peak-SOHO-Ulysses
POC: Giannina Poletto
JOP140 Origin of Type I radio noise storms,
CDS/MDI/EIT/TRACE/Yohkoh/VLA/Nancay, POC: Lidia van Driel-Gesztelyi
It would be nice if MDI requirements were specified. For the time period in
question, MDI will give 1 minute cadence full disk cropped magnetograms and
dopplergrams. Also, EIT will do 195 Angstrom CME watch, not 171 subfields.
JOP141 Emission lines in Near-Sun Comets, LASCO/UVCS/Arecibo,
POC: Doug Biesecker
4. Priorities for the coming month (W13-W17, March 26-April 29)
a) Joint observing plans
From previous meeting(s):
* Feb 1-Mar 28 JOP136 Default HESSI Collaboration (test run of MMOP009)
(#6697), POC: Richard Canfield
* Mar 18-May 15 JOP106 (MMOP011) Sigmoidal Active Region Study (#6721),
POC: Sarah Gibson (email@example.com)
EOF: Stein Haugan, Prime time 1700-2300 UT
Note: MDI will most likely be in HiRes first 2 weeks of May
* Mar 18,23,24 JOP140 (MMOP012) Origin of Type I Radio Noise Storms (#6716),
POC: Lidia van Driel (Lidia.vanDriel@obspm.fr),
RAL: Barbara Bromage/Keith Macpherson
EIT will do 195 Angstrom CME watch
* Mar 28,29 Quiet Sun Transient Events Study (#6717),CDS/TRACE/EIT/Yohkoh,
POC: Clare Parnell EOF: Andrzej Fludra
EIT shutterless operations in 195 Angstrom *TBC*.
Moved (delayed until August):
* August JOP104 Doppler Shifts in X-ray Jets,
POC: Davina Innes
b) Individual instrument plans
See monthly calendar.
TRACE target of opportunity for April 3-27: Loop oscillations 195 Angstrom
c) Intercalibration activities
* Week 14 Intercal 1, CDS/EIT, POC: Frederic Auchere
TRACE participation TBD.
5. Preview of future months
* See the Monthly Calendar at:
* Next SPWG: *TUESDAY* April 24, 2001 at 2:00 pm in EAF
* REMINDER: DSN support should be requested at least 6 months in advance.
Keep this in mind for: ground-based collaborations that require MDI
support, stellar observations that require NRT, etc.