Up: Minutes of the
Previous: Jitter Timeline
P.Martens presented the new draft 2.2 of the SOHO GI AO.
The following changes have been applied since SWT-11:
- It has been emphasized that SOHO is a PI, not an observatory type of
mission, and that accepted GI's will be participating in PI teams, rather
than simply use the data.
- Two modes of GI participation have been defined, in accordance
with reactions received from the PI teams: one for the coronal, and
one for the particle and helioseismology instruments. For a description
of these modes I refer to the new Section 2.1 of the draft:
``Philosophy of the Guest Investigator Programme''.
- The criterion of ``30% of observing time'' has been dropped
completely from the text, except as a possible criterion for the
Guest Investigator Selection Committee for determining a cut-off in
- The term PI has been reserved for SOHO PI's while for the PI of the
Guest Investigation the term Leading Guest Investigator has been used.
This ends the confusion commented upon by many of you.
- In the time table the date for the Issue of the Announcement of
Opportunity is moved back to April 1, 1995.
- In the Foreword reference is made to the STSP Programme, and the
basis for the GI Programme in the STSP AO.
- The description of the EOF has been rewritten to emphasize
the scientific aspects, rather than the technical.
Tue Jan 6 15:25:49 EST 1998